Location: Home  Community Forums  Feedback  [BUG] Many maps & users are missing applicable achievements 
[BUG] Many maps & users are missing applicable achievements
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  1 Observer
[BUG] Many maps & users are missing applicable achievements  
TL;DR
1. Many maps are missing Award-related achievements on the page of the map despite receiving enough Awards to meet those requirements.

2. Many user profiles are missing User Achievements they should have (including Achievements within the General, Mapping, and Driving categories).

3. Some users do not have a User Achievements section on their profile at all.

I'm aware that Achievements being missing is not the end of the world, as this issue seems to have little overall impact on the functionality of the website. However, if these issues aren't resolved with the updated site release (I saw this mentioned in the TMX Discord somewhere), please consider investigating these issues to improve consistency across TMX, even if it's at a much later point in the future. I hope that this post will at least be a useful reference to see if the issue ends up being resolved across the various achievement types once the new site is rolled out.

Thanks for reviewing this bug report! Your time is greatly appreciated.

NOTE: For ease of access, all affected Maps and User Profiles I've come across will be linked at the bottom of this post.

Map-related bugs

While looking through the Recently Awarded maps section of TMX, I realized that several maps are missing Award-related achievements, even though the map may have met the requirements for 1+ year, such as:

• It's a start - For receiving 1 or more map awards
  • Getting popular.. - For receiving 10 or more map awards

So far, I've noticed achievements missing for the following maps:

• Imposter Syndrome - 5 or 6 of the 13 current awards that the map has received were given after the map was updated to its most recent version in 2022, but it has no Award-related achievements.

• Wafer Gardens - All 11 of its current awards were given on the most recent version of the map. Just like the rest of the mentioned maps, it has no Award-related achievements.

I then started looking at Featured Maps to see if the same behavior could be observed, and I found two relatively recent maps that are being affected by this:

• Water Tower - All 63 of its current awards were given on the most recent version of the map.

• Where is my tuna - All 11 of its current awards were given on the most recent version of the map.

Profile-related bugs

Chickeninab0x, the user that created Wafer Gardens, does not have the applicable User Achievements in the "General" and "Mapping" categories, despite having uploaded over 200 maps and received 32 total map awards as of creating this thread.

When comparing their profile with other users that currently have the same amount of received awards, such as GloverTM and confy_, it seems that Chickeninab0x is supposed to have the Humble beginnings General Achievement for receiving 10 or more map awards. Comparing their profile with users that have over 200 maps uploaded, such as PerleTheBudgie and screamingroostr, it seems that Chickeninab0x is also supposed to have the Too many hours in the editor! Mapping Achievement for uploading 100 or more maps.

Similar examples include the following user profiles:

• Ezio414 is missing the General Achievement for 1 or more map awards and has no Mapping Achievements despite having uploaded over 200 maps.

• slowpiou has uploaded 180 maps but has no Mapping Achievements.

• pyska is missing the Mapping Achievement for uploading 1 or more maps despite having uploaded 43 maps.

• Beluga71 has uploaded 31 maps but has no Mapping Achievements.

• SkiFreak has uploaded 138 maps but has no Mapping Achievements.

• Heasto has met the requirements for several achievements but is missing "Basically a big deal" for receiving 25 or more profile favorites, "Mapping Superstar" for receiving 500 or more map awards, and "Friendly" for awarding 50 or more maps.

There are other cases where profiles do not have a User Achievements section on their page at all, but most of the time, that seems to be because the user has not met the requirements for any achievement yet. However, Sinse420's profile seems to be an outlier (along with a few others that I’ve found since I started writing this post), as they've received 1 Map Award and have uploaded 53 maps so they should have at least 2 User Achievements, but do not have a visible User Achievements section.

I don't see any options in TMX's settings to hide that part of your profile so that leads me to believe that is also a bug.

After seeing that there are new users that have uploaded maps within the past week or so who have already received applicable User Achievements, including Race_Dokus and kaybee_uwu having achievements for uploading their first map, along with other relatively new users receiving the correct Map Achievements on maps like Amber Highlands and Sunset Skylane (although neither of the users who created those maps received the General Achievement on their profile for receiving 1 or more map awards), it's evident that there are some strange inconsistencies resulting in users and their maps not being automatically provided applicable achievements.

There are many more affected maps and users that I've come across, all of which will be included in the last section of this post:

Affected Maps and User Profiles (that I've seen so far)

Note: I stopped adding entries to this list after seeing that these issues may be fixed when the updated site is released. However, I'll gladly continue editing this if the issues persists afterwards / if having references like this would be useful to figure out what might be causing any bugs.

Maps
    (I'll consider reformatting these and searching for more instances of maps missing Achievements if I need to come back to edit this post in the future!)

1. Maps missing the "Getting popular.." achievement for receiving 10 or more map awards.
  • Imposter Syndrome
  • Wafer Gardens
  • Where is my tuna

2. Unsorted
  • MIDNIGHT METROPOLIS - Missing "Legendary" for receiving 200 or more map awards.
  • [RPG] Rubik's Cube - Missing "Treasure" for receiving 100 or more map awards.
  • Water Tower - Missing "Excellent Map!" for receiving 50 or more map awards.
  • AetherWorld - Missing "High Quality" for receiving 25 or more map awards.
  • Dream Emotions - Missing "Track Of The Day" for being chosen as the Track of the Day on March 21st, 2023. The creator of the map posted about this bug on another thread, too.

User Profiles

General Achievements

1. Users missing the "Universally Adored" achievement, which is earned for receiving 50 or more profile favorites.
  • OregoX
  • Nightwolf93

2. Users missing the "Basically a big deal" achievement, which is earned for receiving 25 or more profile favorites.
  • Heasto - Also missing "Mapping Superstar" for receiving 500 or more map awards and missing "Friendly" for awarding 50 or more maps.
  • sophie.ice - Also missing the "Can't stop building" achievement, which is earned for uploading 70 or more maps.

3. Unsorted (I'll consider reformatting these and searching for more instances of users missing User Achievements if I need to come back to edit this post in the future!)
  • MattDTO Missing "Established mapper" for receiving 100 or more map awards.
  • DobryTM - Missing "It's a start" for receiving 1 or more map awards.
  • yeiwin - Missing "It's a start" for receiving 1 or more map awards.
  • Kvikk - Missing "It's a start" for receiving 1 or more map awards.
  • illancup - Missing "High quality" for receiving 25 or more map awards.
  • Emancyphur - Missing "Friendly" for awarding 50 or more maps.

Mapping Achievements

1. Exhaustive list of users missing the "Too many hours in the editor!" achievement (as of July 7th, 2023), which is earned for uploading 100 or more maps.

• Dark_KirbyLoL
  • Yannex
  • Naxanria
  • havarh
  • illancup
  • Ubisoft Nadeo
  • not7_Harry
  • Sokol
  • ArkesTM
  • MrEatenAlive
  • Ezio414
  • Susuwi
  • ProCrow
  • jingatak
  • RaeTM
  • AraiKay
  • Rexasaurus
  • slowpiou
  • Mac_ancheez
  • CatBagasm
  • BloodForNoxus
  • Mumu_Didi
  • Ach1oto
  • spammiej
  • Bladerunner78
  • LentillionTM
  • Leores
  • chybrydra
  • LapisLightning
  • reilem
  • DiabloO_Fr
  • Rabbi
  • DoondyTM
  • MNRN
  • apness
  • SuperNowa_FL
  • SkiFreak
  • Banano_TV
  • noobbcp
  • Henkisme
  • MattDTO
  • LDG.Flow
  • KiKi113
  • Hitchy!
  • Scarzor.wp
  • RogueDawn
  • Keissla.wp - Extra note: This user currently has 109 maps uploaded (102 public maps?) but did not appear in the User Search in the correct spot when filtering by "Map Count" in descending order. Currently, with that filter in mind, they would be between users "Moonub" and "LDG.Flow" on page 6 of the User Search (as of July 7th, 2023, at least) but are nowhere to be found within the first 7 pages, which currently includes users who have uploaded 93 maps or more.

2. Users missing the "Maps galore!" achievement, which is earned for uploading 30 or more maps.
  • SparklingW
  • xEmlanx - Also missing "Established mapper" General Achievement for receiving 100 or more map awards.

Driving Achievements
  • Emancyphur - Missing "Leaderboard Season Winner" for winning the Spring 2023 TMX Seasonal Leaderboard.

Other

1. Users missing the "User Achievements" section of their profile even though they have met the requirements for at least 1 achievement.
  • Sinse420
  • Gogo42170
  • Brengaming81
  • tv_king
  • BlueJinx
  • Joni_2501
  • D0omsday
  • Racefox

2. TMX User Choice Awards 2022
  • All / the majority of winners during the TMX User Choice Awards 2022 weren't provided UCA-related User Achievements for any category they won for the first time. Specific bug report for this can be found on another thread.

Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply