Location: Home  Community Forums  Help  How do I create a local network game with downloaded maps? 
How do I create a local network game with downloaded maps?
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  2 Observers
How do I create a local network game with downloaded maps?  
Hi,

I'm trying to help my kids set up a local game. They've just installed the game, paid the subscription and expected to be able to play against each other on LAN.

So far I've managed to download a couple of Nadeo maps, moved them to the maps folder. Chosen the local game mode, added the map and launched the game - and then a scrip viewer pops up and nothing more happens.

Anyone have a step by step guide to how you start a local network game from scratch? And please assume that I know nothing about anything, I really can't figure this out - what kind of game has a multiplayer section that doesn't have at least a couple of default maps to choose from? My hair was pitch black before trying to help the kids, now I'm grey and balding!

Hope you guys can help!

Best regards,
WarriorDad0978

The script viewer usually pops up when you touch the key "Scroll Lock". Simply press escape when that happens.

I asume u touched that key by accident. if not, it might be that one of the maps you downloaded is faulty or does not fit the game version you are running.

creating a lan server is pretty simple:
Ingame
1. >> choose local ( TOP)
2. >> choose Local Network ( right side)
3. >> press create
4. >> choose Gaem Mode ( timeatack online will do pretty fine )
5. >> choose maps
6. >> start server

it should instantly start and your second Kid should be able to join it on your local Network.

to have a good start, get some maps: (unzip in maps folder which i asume you allready have found)
160 Maps whic are relative short in length to learn the game, some easy, some hard, some for advanced players, (good to learn alll technics that are in game)

all of those maps can be found here ofc, i jsut zipped a bunch of them. the preferable way is to choose them here and download them or map packs, which are rare unfortun. but will be more when the game gets a least the touch of "age"
Cs-esport Maps

when you want to add more tracks, stop the server, and as extra step choose matchsettings then - to have all the added maps included. (file is saved automatic, u nee dto include it of course to keep the tracks you added before.
Last edited by u.B.m,
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply